Envato Tuts+ Courses
- Video courses taught by expert instructors.
- Learn new skills from start to finish.
- Downloadable Source Files also available on GitHub.
This course is an introduction to the Web Audio API. You’ll have a chance to explore this new standard for generating real-time audio in the web browser with a real-world example: adding some audio feedback to your website. In this course, you’ll work with oscillators and gain, frequencies and mp3 files to create melodies that will enhance the user experience of your site.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand how audio can enhance the user experience.
- Create a simple online store and add sound to it.
- Learn how different frequencies make different musical notes, as well as how different basic waveforms make different sounds.
- Create a simple “success” melody which plays when a transaction is completed.
- Improve the quality of your sound.
- Learn how to load and play an audio file instead of using oscillators.
About the Instructor
Stuart Memo is a programmer and musician who lives and works in Glasgow, Scotland. You can check out his website, find him on GitHub, or follow him on Twitter.